NADRA to Establish Passport Processing Counters in Registration Centers
The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) has announced plans to establish passport processing counters in 30 registration centers across Pakistan. The counters are expected to be inaugurated on June 10, 2023, by the Honorable Prime Minister or Minister of Interior.
NADRA to Provide Furniture and Fixtures for PPCs
In a letter to all NADRA regional offices, the authority has requested that they make arrangements for the following furniture and fixtures for the PPCs:
- Counter (including table, executive chair, and 2 applicant chairs)
- Network connectivity/adequate network access points along with separate space for placement of IMPASS server
- Lockable cabinets for passport storage (preferably 3ft x 5ft size)
- Side table/suitable place for scanning and printing equipment and storage of stationary/passport forms
- White background screen for PPC
- Establishment of cabin structure/room as per availability of space
- Appropriate waiting area (preferably separate) as per site dynamics
- Availability of electrical points for UPS
NADRA to Coordinate with IMPASS
NADRA has also stated that it will coordinate with the Immigration and Passports System (IMPASS) to ensure that the PPCs are operational and that passport applications are processed smoothly.
This is a significant development that will make it easier for Pakistanis to apply for passports. The establishment of PPCs in registration centers will reduce the need for Pakistanis to travel to passport offices, which can be time-consuming and inconvenient.
Names of NADRA Passport Processing Counters in Registration Centers 2023