House of Dragon
House of the Dragon is an American fantasy drama television series that is a prequel to the television series Game of Thrones (2011–2019), both based on the A Song of Ice and Fire novels by George R.R. Martin. The prequel series was created by Martin and Ryan Condle for HBO and is based on parts of Fire and Blood. Condal and Miguel Sapochnik are the showrunners of House of the Dragon. Set approximately 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones (172 years before the birth of Daenerys Targaryen), the series chronicles the beginning of the end of House Targaryen, the events leading up to the War of the Targaryen Succession and its cover “Dance of the Dragon”.
House of the Dragon received a direct-to-series order in October 2019 with casting beginning in July 2020 and principal photography beginning in April 2021 in the UK. The series premiered on 21 August 2022. Its first season will consist of ten episodes.trailer
• Streaming above and featuring stunning shots of battles, King’s Landing, and aerial dragons, the trailer heightens the central conflict of the series: the battle for succession to the Iron Throne, played out between Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen and Prince Daemon Targaryen. . Traditionalists aren’t ready to see a woman take the Iron Throne, but Rhaenyra is bound and determined to “build a new order” from her dragon’s back. Meanwhile, members of Houses Stark, Valaryon, Lannister, and Baratheon plot against those in power, but the Targaryens have unparalleled firepower.
• Ready to get your dragon? Stay tuned for everything we know about the show so far, including what we learned from House of Dragons’ Hall H panel at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
When does House of Dragons premiere?
• House of the Dragon’s ten-episode season premieres on August 21, 2022. It will go head-to-head with another fantasy juggernaut, Amazon’s The Rings of Power, landing on September 2. -Who will win?
• The House of the Dragon panel kicked off with the series-extended trailer, showing off plenty of Game of Thrones-y action: the (then-) latest and greatest battle for the Iron Throne, a long tease of war. For succession at the heart of the show, and a look back at the time “when dragons ruled as one.” It includes, yes, blink-and-you’ll-miss-it dragons.
• Of course, Martin also showed up, revealing that he had watched nine of the 10 episodes of House of the Dragon. Decision? “I’m so happy,” he quipped. (We all know the guy is never shy about speaking his mind.) Oh, if you were curious—because we know you are—the cast of House of Dragons revealed who made the best High Valyrian. said It’s none other than Rhaenyra Targaryen herself, Milly Alcock.
• Who is in the House of the Dragon cast?
• Lots of people, but don’t expect to find any in this cast of characters. Martin cautioned that there won’t be fan favorites like Game of Thrones , telling The Hollywood Reporter , “It’s powerful, it’s visceral, it’s dark, it’s like a Shakespearean tragedy. There’s no aria. Is – a character that everyone will love. Everyone has flaws. They are all human. They do good things, they do bad things. They are driven by lust for power, jealousy, old wounds – just human. Like. Like I wrote them.” Anyway, these new characters look pretty interesting. In the official press material, HBO describes them as follows:
• In an interview with Collider, Cook dropped important hints about what to expect from Elant Hightower, saying, “She’s very complex and I think people will want to see the worst in her.” Collider noted that Elaine’s family ties will likely overshadow much of the show’s dramatic architecture, given that he is married to King Viserys I Targaryen, who is his stepmother, Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen. . Elicent wants the throne for his sons, while Princess Rhaenyra wants it for herself, fighting a war for the ages.dragons cancelled
• Cook believes it will “take a while” for viewers to understand the alien’s motivations. Cook said, “What’s amazing about Game of Thrones, as we’ve seen in previous series, is that one season, you hate a character, and the next, you absolutely love them. do and will go to the ends of the earth for them,” Cook said. “You don’t know what you’re going to get with these characters. They’re so well written. The human condition is like that, you can do some terrible things, but then you can also do some amazing things. It’s very complicated. There is, and it’s not black and white at all.”
The cast includes Sonoya Mizuno as Misseria, Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen, and Eve Best as Princess Rhenia Vallarion. Deadline announced seven more cast members and brief descriptions of their roles, including Ryan Corr as Ser Aaron ‘Breakbones’ Strong, said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms. Jefferson Hall will play the twins: Lord Jason Lannister, Lord of Casterly Rock, and Ser Tyland Lannister,
A calculating politician. David Horowitz will play King Viserys’ trusted advisor, Grand Master Milos. Graham MacTavish joins the cast as Ser Harold Westerling, a respected member of the Kingsguard. Gavin S
Pox Lord will play Lionel Strong, Master of Laws to King Viserys, while Matthew Needham will play his son, Lauris Strong. Bill Patterson will play Lord Lyman Besbury, Master of Coin, a court character fans will remember well from the days of Littlefinger.
Who is the creative team?
Miguel Sapochnik and Ryan Condell will serve as showrunners, while Martin, Vince Gerardis, Sarah Lee Hayes and Ron Schmidt will executive produce. But don’t look to see D.B. Wes and David Benioff in the credits — the original Game of Thrones showrunners have no plans to return in any capacity, perhaps because they’re preparing another literary adaptation for Netflix, The Three-Body Problem (very soon?). are busy destroying
Martin appears to have taken a more active role in House of the Dragons than he did in Game of Thrones. In fact, from the get-go, insisted on three details: “colorful dragons, an emphasis on bright heraldry, and the addition of King Jaerys Targaryen II.” Martin’s first two requests are about making Westeros recognizable to fans, but his third request is about writing off the original series. “David [Benouf] and Dan [Weiss] left Jeheriz for obvious reasons,” Sapochnik said, referring to Martin. “He had a fly in his bonnet about him. He wanted us to right that wrong.”
What is House of Dragons about, and what do the trailers reveal?
Adapted from Martin’s Targaryen history book Fire and Blood, House of the Dragon is set 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones. The show will focus on an infamous event in the history of Westeros known as the Dance of the Dragons. It is a civil war between siblings Aegon II and Rhaenyra over the throne after the death of their father Viserys I. Many of House Targaryen’s powerful dragons perished—and would soon become extinct until Daenerys Targaryen hatched three eggs hundreds of years later.
“Nobody alive in this story saw a war or a meaningful conflict,” Condell told EW. “Yes, there have been skirmishes and tournaments, but we live in a society based on the struggle for power. We are witnessing an age where every man is trained for war from birth. But war doesn’t. That pent-up energy seeps out through the cracks and starts to wear itself down to where you almost need a release of war to keep the whole thing from boiling over.” We glimpse bits and pieces of all that action in the House of the Dragon extended trailer, including some classic, GOT-style sword fighting, jousting, and dramatically running down long hallways.
Fans of the series know that Fire and Blood spans much more Targaryen history than just Dance of the Dragons. Could there be more to House of the Dragon than this one chapter in Time? The showrunners don’t seem to be ruling it out, with Sapochnik telling EW that the material could “absolutely” lend itself to an anthology format. “I think that’s one of the interesting things about the Targaryens,” he continued. “We’ve chosen a story that’s almost like Star Wars: Episode IV. It’s New Hope. We can go backwards, we can go forwards. There’s a lot of opportunity. I hope We have been given the opportunity to sort out something.”
Overall, viewers can expect a cut-throat series about a powerful family’s tussle over inheritance issues. Sounds an awful lot like another popular HBO show, doesn’t it? Condle is not dismissing the succession comparison. “The things we referenced the most in the [writers’] room were Crown and Succession, just like tonal analog and something that we, the writers, really enjoyed and immersed in,” Condell told GamesReader. were.” “The original Game of Thrones is really the War of the Roses, so it’s the Yorks and Lancasters alongside the Starks and Lannisters, two separate families who have never liked each other before. This, however, is Dance of the Dragons.” It’s a civil war that takes place within a single family, which in a way makes it all the more fascinating and tragic, because you see people who are blood relatives turned against each other and the war. I go.”
How will House of Dragons differ from Game of Thrones?
Glad you asked. Even though House of the Dragon is a prequel with a different agenda, the creative team still wanted it to feel like the world of Game of Thrones. As Sapochnik told The Hollywood Reporter, “I think we were very respectful of the original show. It wasn’t broken so we’re not trying to reinvent the wheel. House of the Dragon has its own tone. is ready and will emerge during the show. But first, this v
It’s very important to pay tribute to and pay tribute to the original series, which was very important. We stand on the shoulders of this show and we are only here because of this show.”
Despite wanting to honor its roots, the House of Dragons team isn’t trying to make a carbon copy of Game of Thrones. This is good news for fans, who can expect something similar and surprising. “That said, we can’t say, ‘Well, when we did Thrones, we did it this way…,'” Sapochnik continued.dragons book
If you start every sentence with that, you’re lost. It is something else, and must be something else. It’s a different crew, different people, different tone. Hopefully it will be seen as something more. But it has to be done. Earn it—it won’t happen overnight. Hopefully fans will enjoy it for what it is. We’ll be lucky if we ever get close to what the original show was, so we’re just putting our heads down and getting by. With that and hopefully what we come up with is worthy of the Game of Thrones title.”
Smith echoes Sapochnik’s comments, calling the challenge of telling a current story from a new angle “throw some paint on the wall and see what sticks.” He highlighted how chasing the heights of Game of Thrones is a futile endeavor, saying, “We’re trying to make a show that’s entertaining on a lot of different levels and that’s scoped out from the previous show. Similar. But obviously you’re not going to be able to recreate the success of Game of Thrones, because it was a certain point in time. It was its own unique entity.”
As the show takes a different approach to its source material, it can also improve. Martin hinted as much, writing on his blog, “For years, as some of you may remember, I’ve been saying that the TV version of Shay, as portrayed by Sybil Keckley, is more than Shay. There was a deeper, richer, more nuanced character. In my novels. Similarly, I am hugely inspired by the show’s version of King Viserys, played by Paddy Considine, who gives the character a tragic majesty that my The book Viserys never got. And Miguel and the other directors.” We love a man with humility.
House of the Dragon showrunners have also tried to correct some of Game of Thrones’ original sins, namely its lack of diversity and its poor treatment of female characters. House of the Dragon reimagines the powerful Valarion family as a wealthy black ruler with flowing silver dreadlocks. According to Kindle, Martin looked at this image of the Valarion while writing the series, envisioning them as blacks who came to Westeros from the far west. “It was very important to Miguel and I to create a show that wasn’t just another group of white people on screen,” Condell said. “We wanted to find a way to add diversity to the show, but we didn’t want to do it in a way that felt like an afterthought or worse, tokenism.”
For the first time, female characters are at the forefront of the show, and the story aims to tackle gender inequality. In the trailer, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen turns to her niece, Princess Rhaenyra, and says, “Men would sooner put their realm to the torch than see a woman ascend the Iron Throne.” “Effectively, it’s about the frustration of patriarchy, a system that’s been around for hundreds and hundreds of years,” Eve Best, who plays Princess Rainese, said of the show.
Game of Thrones has always been known for its incredible production value, but House of the Dragon is ready to take its production to the next level with new technology. The prequel will use new virtual production stage technology to create the perfect settings for its scenes, as illustrated in the photo of a virtual cue set. A leaked on-set photo from a crew member (see here on Reddit) offers another glimpse of the virtual stage — this time, it’s a big blue sky, which looks great with some dragons in it. will
What does the original cast think?
As for the OG Game of Thrones cast, it’s bittersweet for even them to leave what’s familiar. Kit Harington, who played Jon Snow, noted that his tone would be similar enough to feel FOMO. “I think to see people come in the costumes and the costumes that we’ve been wearing all these years, and it’s got the same music and style and tone, but it’s going to be flawless…” Harington told Insider. Told to “Of course, I’m going to watch it and I’m going to support Miguel [Sapuchanik], who’s running the show. I wish him the best, but it’s very close to my heart, That story, of course, might hurt a little bit there.”
But Peter Dinklage, who played Tyrion Lannister, is happy to sit back and experience House of the Dragon as a spectator. “I think the trick is not to try to recreate Thrones,” Dinklage said. “If you try to recreate it, it feels like a money grab. Y
There are a lot of sequels, because the first one made a lot of money, that’s why they’re not as strong. But I am excited to watch House of Dragons, purely as a viewer, not knowing what will happen next.dragons review
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, who plays Jaime Lannister, thinks House of the Dragon has his work cut out for him:
It’s a very different show. It’s its own show. I just hope it’s great. I hope the success of Game of Thrones doesn’t get in the way of people trying out this new show. For us, it took a while for people to get into Game of Thrones.
I remember the first season, people were saying, ‘There are too many characters. I don’t know what’s going on!’ I don’t think they have the luxury that we had. They have to start from where we were in season four or five, because that’s what they’re going to be compared to. But I really hope it’s a big hit for them.
John Bradley, who played Samuel Tarly, is ready to enjoy the Game of Thrones universe from his couch, for a change, but echoes his co-stars’ comments about bitterness.
Cast and characters House of Dragon
• Paddy Considine as King Viserys I Targaryen:  The fifth king of the Seven Kingdoms. Known as “a warm, kind and decent man”, Viserys was chosen by a council of lords to succeed his grandfather, Jaehaerys I Targaryen, as king.
• Matt Smith as Prince Daemon Targaryen: Heir to the Iron Throne, he is the younger brother of King Viserys, grandson of King Jaeryes, and uncle of Princess Rhaenyra. He is also an unparalleled warrior and an experienced dragon rider.
Emma D’Arcy as Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen: King Viserys’ firstborn child. He is a Dragon Rider and a pure-blood Valyrian.
o Millie Alcock portrays the young Rhaenyra Targaryen.
• Rhys Ifans as Ser Otto Hightower: Alicent’s father, Hand of the King, who serves King Viserys and the Realm. He is a bitter political rival of Prince Damon.
• Olivia Cooke as Lady Elaine Hightower: Ser Otto Hightower’s daughter, raised in the Red Cape and part of the King’s inner circle. Known as the most beautiful woman in the seven kingdoms.
o Emily Carey portrays the young Ellen Hightower.
• Cianbrooke as Queen Emma Arryn: Queen consort and wife of King Viserys Targaryen.
• David Horowitz as Grandmaster Milos: King Viserys’ trusted advisor.
• Bill Patterson as Lord Lyman Besbury: Lord of Honeyholt and Master of Coin on King Viserys’ small council.
• Gavin speaks as Lord Lionel Strong: Law Master to King Viserys and Lord of Harrinal.
• Michael Carter as King Jaehaerys Targaryen
• Stephen Rhodri as Hubert Hightower: Head of House Hightower and ruler of Old Town. He is the older brother of Ser Otto Hightower.
• Elliott Tutensor as Ser Eric Cargill: A member of King Viserys I Targaryen’s Kingsguard, as well as Ser Eric Cargill’s twin.
• Luke Tutensor as Ser Eric Cargill: A member of King Viserys I Targaryen’s Kingsguard, as well as Ser Eric Cargill’s twin.dragons where to watch
• Gary Cooper as Ser Riam Redwyne: Lord Commander of the Kingsguard under Jaehaerys I Targaryen.
• Julian Lewis Jones as Borrimund Baratheon: Lord of Storm’s End and head of House Baratheon during the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen. He is also Rhaenys Targaryen’s maternal uncle.
• David Hounslow as Lord Ricken Stark
Frankie Wilson as Captain Randall Barrett
• Gary Raymond as High Septon
• Bethenny Antonia as Lady Bella Targaryen: Eldest daughter of Lena Valarion. He is a dragon rider whose mount is the young dragon Moondancer.
• Nana Blondel as Lady Lena Valarion: daughter of Corlys Valarion and Rhaenys Targaryen.
o Savannah Stein portrays young Lena Villarion.
o Nova Foueillis-Mose portrays baby Laena Velaryon.
• Phoebe Campbell as Lady Reyna Targaryen: Lena Valarion’s younger daughter.
• Harry Collette as Prince Jacris Valarion: Princess Rhaenyra’s first son.
o Loveheart portrays the young Jacaerys Velaryon.
• Ryan Corr as Ser Harwin Strong: Master of Laws Lyonel Strong’s eldest son and heir to Harrenhal. Known as “Breakbones”, he is said to be the strongest man in the Seven Kingdoms.
• Anthony Flanagan as Ser Stephen Darklean: A member of the Kingsguard.
• Tom Glenn-Carney as Prince Aegon Targaryen: First son of King Viserys.
• Jefferson Hall as Lord Jason Lannister/Sir Tyland Lannister: Jason is Lord of Casterly Rock, and his identical twin Tyland is a shrewd politician.
In November 2018, George RR Martin, creator of A Song of Ice and Fire, stated that “a potential spin-off series will be based strongly on material from Fire and Blood.” As of September 2019, Game of Thrones The prequel to Martin and Ryan Condell’s series that “tracks the beginning of the end of House Targaryen” is close to getting a pilot order from HBO. Next month is House of the Dragon, based on Martin’s book.
Fire and Blood, was given a straight-to-series order. Kindel and Miguel Sapochnik, who won an Emmy Award for directing the episode “Battle of the Bastards,” were selected for the show. Sepochnik was hired to direct the series premiere as well as additional episodes. The series takes place 200 years before the events of Game of Thrones during the reign of King Viserys I Targaryen, ultimately leading to the Targaryen Civil War. became known as Dance of the Dragons. The project is a reimagining of a spin-off concept rejected by Game of Thrones writer Brian Cogman, which was officially approved by HBO. 
In January 2020, HBO’s president of programming Casey Blaise stated that the writing process had begun and estimated that the series would premiere in 2022.
Casting House of Dragon
Casting began in July 2020. In October 2020 , Paddy Considine was cast as Viserys I Targaryen. As of December, Olivia Cooke, Matt Smith and Emma D’Arcy were cast as Elaine Hightower, Daemon Targaryen and Rhaenyra Targaryen respectively, while Dany Spani was in talks to join an unspecified role. In February 2021, Rhys Ifans, Steve Toussaint, Eve Best and Sonoya Mizuno were added to the main cast. As of April, Fabian Frankel Joined the cast as Ser Kristin Cole. In May, Graham McTavish was spotted in full wardrobe on set. Emily Carey and Millie Alcock were added to the cast in July 2021.dragons episode 1
Principal photography on the series’ ten-episode first season began in April 2021.  The series was filmed primarily in the United Kingdom.  During the last week of April 2021, filming took place in Cornwall.[ 23] Additionally, parts of the first season were filmed in Spain and California, according to the production list. House of the Dragon was the first production to be shot in the new virtual production stage at Warner Bros. Leavesden Studios. . On July 18, 2021, production was halted for two days due to a positive COVID-19 case.dragons recap
Spanish publication Hoy reported that House of the Dragon will be filmed in the province of Caceres in western Spain between October 11–21, 2021. From October 26–31, the series was filmed at the Castle of Monsanto in Portugal.
This website is best to find Government jobs of your own choice. We collected different government jobs from different newspapers. We provide you with the exact qualifications and other details about the post. You can find the latest government jobs on this website.
We are providing Latest Government Jobs, PM Shahbaz Sharif Laptop Scheme 2022, Marketing Jobs, Online Apply, jobs in Pakistan, Medical Department Jobs, online jobs in Pakistan, Business Jobs, Lesco Wapda, Pepco, Admissions, PAF Jobs, Pak Army Jobs, Pak Navy, PPSC, FPSC, NTS, PTS, Punjab Police Department, PM Shahbaz Sharif Laptop Scheme 2022, Atomic Energy, Banking, Medical, Teaching Jobs.
Government jobs link 1 👇👇👇👇👇👇👇👇
Get Free Laptop here 👇👇👇👇
Government jobs Link 2 👇👇👇👇👇
Join us on Whatsapp👇👇👇👇
Join us on Facebook 👇👇👇👇
Join us on our Youtube channel 👇👇👇
Join Us on Telegram 👇👇👇👇👇
Join us on Twitter 👇👇👇👇👇👇
Join Us on Linkedin