Download 1st year Chemistry Guess Paper 2023 Punjab board Pakistan
1st year Chemistry Guess Paper 2023
1st year chemistry important long questions
- What is Dalton’s law of partial pressure? Also discuss its application.
- One mole of methane is maintained at 300 K . Its volume is 250 cm3 . Calculate the pressure exerted by the gas when it considered as an ideal gas?
- Calculate the mass of 1 dm3 of NH3 gas at 30 oC and 100 mm/Hg pressure, considering the NH3 is behaving ideally?
- Give eight postulates of kinetic molecular theory.
- What is H-bonding? Discuss H-bonding in biological compounds.
- How does the hydrogen bonding explain the formation of ice lesser density than liquid water.
- Define liquid crystals. Discuss important uses of liquid crystal.
- Write down the properties of ionic solids.
- Explain Rutherford’s model of atom. Give its defects.
- Define Quantum numbers. Discuss briefly Azimuthal Quantum number.
- Give the different postulates of Bohr’s atomic model.
- Write down the main postulates of valence shell electron pair repulsion theory and discuss the structure of NH3 with reference of this theory.
- Briefly explain shapes of NH3 and H2O molecule according to hybridizing theory.
- Why bond formation is not possible between two He atoms? Prove with molecular orbital theory.
`15. Describe bomb Calorimeter
- Define and explain Hess’s law of constant heat summation with examples.
- Define the following terms: Molality, Mole fraction and part per million.
- What is Raoul’s law? Give its three statements.
- Describe one method to determine the boiling point of elevation of solutes.
- State rules for assigning oxidation number of elements with examples.
- Write construction and working of voltaic cell.
- Describe the electrolysis of molten sodium chloride and a concentrated solution of sodium chloride.
- Give four industrial importance of electrolysis process in detail.
- What is electrochemical series? Give its four applications?
- How light and surface are affect the rate of reaction.
- Write four characteristics of a catalyst.
- How does Arrhenius equation help us to calculate the energy of activation of reaction?
- Define Half-Life period and order of reaction. Describe half-life method to determine the order or reaction.
1st year Chemistry Guess papers 2023 pdf